Wednesday, January 14, 2009

"Hee Haw" Tribute Show Opens This Friday

The fourth season of shows (Yes the fourth season - time really does fly ) begins this weekend at the Badgett Playhouse in Grand Rivers, KY with a tribute to "Hee Haw" and a special offer for local patrons. Local patrons will be given a "buy one get one free" offer for the opening weekend. I’m going, and I have a couple of the buy one get one free coupons in my office if anyone wants to pick one up. They are good for this weekend only.

I didn’t have a true appreciation for the original show when it was in syndication, but my dad loved it so in our house we watched it. He would have loved this tribute production. I’m taking my son this weekend and sharing with him this memory of my dad. A small remembrance of my own.

The production features a six-piece band and three singers performing the hits of such artists as Buck Owens, George Jones, Loretta Lynn, Tammy Wynette, Charlie Pride, George Strait, Merle Haggard, Johnny Cash and Floyd Cramer. The band for this show is amazing. The Guitar playing genius Thomas Michaels is featured in several of the songs and his voice and talent shines in this production.

Comedy sketches include jokes from the cornfield, Grandpa Jones and a tribute to Minnie Pearl.

The show opens Friday and will run through March 27th. See you at the show!

No comments: