Tuesday, April 14, 2009

And Speaking of Birthdays...

Today is Mayor Tom's birthday.

I found this picture of Tom on the Grand Rivers Jetty at sunset. The same jetty that was in both Cosmo Magazine and Southern Living. Tom's hard work was key in the jetty project, as well as the walking trail, Badgett Playhouse, park, and more. Mayor is not a paid position in Grand Rivers. It is strictly a labor of love. I want to share with everyone the letter from Tom that will be published in our new visitors guide. It shares how he feels about Grand Rivers-

"Welcome to Grand Rivers, Kentucky; our village between the lakes. Southern Living Readers recently called Grand Rivers one of the best small towns in the south. I call her home.
I feel fortunate to have been born and raised here, married my dream girl here, and raised our son here. I am honored to serve the citizens and visitors of Grand Rivers.
This charming village is blessed with a rich history, two big lakes, an abundance of outdoor recreational opportunities, and an immeasurable amount of heart. Our citizens give this small town a bigger-than-life personality full of celebration, compassion, and southern hospitality.
Grand Rivers has a special place in my heart, and I hope as our guest you will feel that connection too. Visit often. Connect with family. Make friends. Create memories. You are always welcome in my home. "

Mayor Tom Moodie

Happy Birthday to the hardest working man in Grand Rivers, our Mayor Mr. Tom Moodie.