Thursday, May 14, 2009

A Nurturing Nature

If you have visited the Tourist Information Office in Grand Rivers, then you know that right next door to me is the Grand Lakes Clinic. Since they are my neighbors, I have gotten to know and love the staff there. I also have first hand knowledge of their excellent care when it comes to poison ivy (my husband), rope burns (my nephew), colds, general wellness, and wasp stings (me).

Last year the Clinic and I coordinated new landscaping in front of our shared building. We both planted knockout rose bushes. True to their nature, the clinic staff lovingly watered, weeded and tended to their new plants. True to my nature, I took the tough love approach to landscaping. While I have never claimed to be nurturing I do believe that I have a supportive nature and will give you tons of positive feedback as you do things for yourself. My way works for the strong, but for the times in life when you need nurturing for growth and wellness; thank goodness for the Grand Lakes Clinic my friend. They say a picture is worth a thousand words, so let me spell it out for you this way -

NP Denice Lindsay in front of the Clinic's Knockout Rose bushes.


Me in front of mine.

3 comments:

Laura K said...

Bwahahaha!! So glad you finally posted that!

xoxo
L

3 Magpies said...

Just call yours the "dwarf" variety and no one will ever be the wiser... Funny post!

Corinne Sullivan said...

Too funny! Don't feel bad, if you showed me in front of mine, they would be dried up and dead, and probably on its side still in the pot from not getting transplanted, drying up, and blown over by a breeze. And my dog would be eating the dead petals as the picture was being taken...