Wednesday, May 13, 2009

SOS

Yes. I know I haven't been here in a while. In my defense; it is boating season. I'll post pictures soon and let you know what I've been up to and it is nice to know that one or two of you miss me. I did want to share with you this letter from the lovely and talented (and sometimes forgetful) Karen Dodson-

"...SOS...

There is nothing like a small community when a distress signal is sent out. I recently returned from a trip to Berea, KY where I left my husband AND THE KEYS TO OUR HOUSE !!! After calling three locksmiths, to no avail, Del Henson at Lake Realty mentioned that Harry Sayle (of Green Turtle Bay) might be able to help me. I knew Harry from chatting with him during my early morning swims while he was trying to clean the pool around me. Del got him on the phone and I explained my dilemma.

I was sitting on my front porch waiting to be rescued, when Harry arrived along with Mayor Tom Moodie. Those two guys sized up the situation and went to work on a stubborn, heavy-duty, dead bolt lock. My cheer could be heard all across Grand rivers when they succeeded with their mission ! Many, many thanks to Tom and Harry from a grateful Grand Rivers citizen and very happy CYC member. Green Turtle Bay is lucky to have this caliber of men in their ranks and I'm lucky to have them in a beautiful small town where they were easy to find and pleased to help.

Most Sincerely, Karen Dodson"


I loved this letter. And, I do have a call into Karen asking if she found her keys and husband. :)

No comments: