Thursday, July 9, 2009

Momma Strikes Again

Momma was here to visit again. This time for nine days. She arrived with three suitcases and we then proceeded to shop all week- and of course we had to wear all the new stuff. Come to think of it, I can't even tell you what was packed in the suitcases.

I can tell you that we found some darling deals. I have two cool new summer outfits from So CooL, new shoes from the Chandlery at Green Turtle Bay, and a new tank from Ashleigh's (who had a 35% off sale). I even bought a dress. Yep, you read this right, a dress.

My sister and her family also came for a visit to enjoy time on the Lakes. And mom's friend Janice joined us from Lexington.

So, these are my excuses for being behind on the blog again and here is a quick update on what is happening in Grand Rivers.


The farmers market has added early hours on Saturdays at Green Turtle Bay Resort. You will also find them starting at 10:00 a.m. at Moodie Tackle Company downtown.

We are enjoying visiting our friends Mark and Susan at their new home in Grand Rivers. They are not only fun to hang out with and the perfect hosts, but also have the perfect yard for croquet.
CYC had a very moving flag retirement ceremony over the weekend of the 4th. Impressive.


And, my best friend Pat had a birthday. Happy birthday Pat!

No comments: