Friday, July 31, 2009

Money Can So Buy Friends

I've heard it said before that money can’t buy friendship (or happiness, or love...).

I’m here to tell you that it can- if you know where to spend it. This week I mailed a check for membership to the Land Between the Lakes Association; better known as the Friends of LBL. I love to write this check. I love to mail this check. I am buying both friendship and happiness with this check.

As a Friend of Land Between the Lakes, my gift goes to help maintain the wonderful place that is LBL. The Friends help to preserve the natural and cultural resources of LBL. They improve trails and facilities so that you may spend time in the great outdoors making memories with friends and love one. They provide educational programming and teach about the wonder of nature and the importance of conservation. And they can do all of this only through the generous gifts of friends.

Visit the website here. Volunteer your time or become a friend. You can spend as little as $25.00 or as much as $5,000.00 to be a friend. Be generous. It is a friendship that I promise you will treasure.

No comments: