Thursday, March 26, 2009

Michael Mayo Inge Returns for the Big Band Show

I just found out that Nashville musician Michael Inge will return to the Badgett Playhouse for the Big Band Show in April and I am lovin this news! I first heard Michael sing in the Christmas Variety show and let me tell you I was blown away by his talent.

Michael grew up in Bedford, Virginia, and moved to Nashville in 1997 to attend Belmont University. He works full-time as a musician. He has an unbelievable voice and his talent as a songwriter was recently recognized in a national jingle contest. He entered his first jingle in the Duke Mayonnaise jingle contest and tied for first place. I think this is very cool because I can now say I know someone that won a jingle contest.

Other career highlights include writing the song, “Catch U if I Can” that was recorded by the artist Haddaway (Famous for the club hit, “What is Love”) on his CD “Pop Splits. Michael’s song “Irresistible” is scheduled to appear in the film "American Violet," which should be in theaters in April.

The Big Band Show opens at the Badgett Playhouse on Friday, April 3, and I will be there!

No comments: