Monday, March 9, 2009

Weekend Review: They are Back!

The weekend started out right with this great article on Lighthouse Landing Sailing School in Friday’s Paducah Sun. It included a great color picture of Outstanding Sailing Instructor Chip Riddle.

Then, Friday night I stopped by the Senior Dance at the Community Center. Stanley Walker was playing and I wanted to get pictures for the promotion of Stanley Walker Day in Grand Rivers. I guess everyone is ready to get out of the house and enjoy the early spring because they had a great crowd for the dance.

After taking pictures, I met my husband at the Commonwealth Yacht Club. Friends Pat and JT were there. Jay and Owe were back from Florida and in town. St. Louis area friends Kate and Paul were there. It was nice to see friends return to the Lake.

Saturday the weather was nice and town was full of people. Saturday was also Pat and JT’s 45 Wedding Anniversary. Hard to believe my friend Pat is old enough to have been married for 45 years. Congrats to you both.

So, the theme of the weekend was sunshine and crowds. It was so nice to see the sun and to see our visitors back in Grand Rivers. Now I’m getting ready for this weekend when the West KY Runners Club will bring over 350 runners and their families to Grand Rivers. And I’m looking forward to all the busy spring weekends ahead!

No comments: