Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Sweet Retaliation

It has come to my attention that my own mother does not read my blog. This upsetting news just happened to slip out in a conversation we had yesterday. Oh, she read it once alright. Of course it was the story about HER.

In retaliation, I woke up this morning and fixed my hair, and put on makeup – complete with lipstick. My mom is forever wishing I would be a bit more girly. “Just a little makeup and lipstick would only take a minute and you are such a pretty girl”, she says. Growing up I was always her rowdy girl; not the sweet girl, never the girly girl. It would MAKE HER DAY to know I was wearing lipstick. And she would know this too, if only she read my blog. But she doesn't. So she will never know.

I guess lipstick can make a girl feel better.

1 comment:

Corinne Sullivan said...

I love this! Truly the best revenge you could get...haha! Funny! I tagged you in my latest blogpost, go see: http://daydreamartstudios.blogspot.com/2009/03/6x6.html